These aspects include, but are not limited to:
- Content knowledge regarding issues of discrimination and privilege, as well as the applicable terminology.
- Critical intrapersonal and interpersonal skills (e.g. self-awareness, communication skills, problem-solving skills and empathy) for working effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Participation in experiential activities that enhance self-knowledge, team-building and diversity awareness.
- Understanding the importance and history of the LGBTQA+ community in the United States.
- Learning and enhancing skills related to program development, facilitation and ongoing management.
These experiential workshop(s) will provide participants with the necessary awareness, content knowledge, and skills to foster development and mutual respect when exploring issues of diversity. Participants will engage in activities and discussions that enhance their own understanding of identity and diversity and, in turn, help them work more effectively with a diverse student population. Our diversity training culminates in the development of a relevant action project focusing on the specific diversity needs of your college/university.
Sample Workshop Topics:
Creating Understanding and empathy for LGBTQA+ community
Creating and fostering safe spaces on campus
Diversity and Inclusion 101
Being an Ally and encouraging inclusion
Creating Effective Diversity Programs on Campus
- Race and Racism on College Campuses
- Bridging the Gender Divide
- Understanding Privilege in All Forms
- Women Empowerment
- Preventing Bullying, Cyber bullying and Hazing on Your Campus